How Can I Improve My Indoor Air This Winter?
The majority of Americans spend 90 percent of their time indoors, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
From the West Coast to the South Jersey Shore, we mostly breathe indoor air, which the EPA says can contain pollutant concentrations that are two to five times higher than concentrations in outdoor air.
You can throw open windows when odors cling to the stuffy air in the summer. You cannot do that in winter without affecting the heat in your home.
Comfort Now By Bob McAllister can offer a solution that improves indoor air quality and helps keep your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system clean. Our talented specialists can recommend the product that best suits your clean air goals.
That includes eliminating moisture, increasing humidity, or removing pollutants from your Egg Harbor Township home.
What Dirties the Air?
Here are just a few contaminants that can lower indoor air quality (IAQ):
- Particulate matter and gases from combustion in your gas stove, fireplace, or smoking materials
- Bacteria and viruses
- Mold and mildew
- Dust and pet dander
- Off-gassing from a variety of sources, such as household cleaning and personal care products, adhesives, paints, furnishings, and pesticides
In addition to particles and gases, out-of-control humidity can worsen indoor air. Too much moisture in the air can encourage mold growth and create the perfect environment for insects, such as centipedes. Extremely low humidity can damage wood floors and dry your skin.
AprilAire and Carrier are our go-to brands for whole-house humidifiers and dehumidifiers that can add or subtract the correct amount of moisture from the air. We also carry high-efficiency air filters that trap pollutants, keeping you and your HVAC equipment safe from particulate matter.
Healthy Home Inspection
We offer an annual energy and safety inspection of your HVAC and home that can help pinpoint solutions for lowering energy use and improving your health and safety. Our Healthy Home Check-Up is a good foundation for making decisions about the indoor air quality in your Egg Harbor Township home.
It gives you a closer look at air quality, energy efficiency, and HVAC equipment safety.
Your Existing HVAC
If your furnace, heat pump, or boiler is on its last legs, upgrading to a high-efficiency system can help keep your air clean while delivering the newest advances in heating technology.
A new, high-efficiency air conditioner will help you save on utility bills while it cools your home and helps reduce humidity.
HVAC preventative maintenance positively affects your indoor air and keeps your equipment clean.
Indoor Air Products
Our qualified technicians at Comfort Now by Bob McAllister can recommend the best product to fulfill your indoor air quality needs. Some of our favorites are:
- HALO-LED air purifier, stationed in an air duct, sends harmless, ionized hydrogen peroxide into your living space. The hydrogen peroxide attracts and neutralizes contaminants in the air and on surfaces.
- The Mini Split Phi-Air Purification System also actively purifies the air by sending ionized hydrogen peroxide into the indoor air in your home. The purifier fits into a ductless mini split indoor unit.
- Air Scrubber by Aerus sits inside your home’s ductwork and disperses molecules into the air, rendering airborne and surface contaminants harmless.
These products can make a significant improvement in the quality of your indoor air by reducing particles, viruses, bacteria, mold spores, and other contaminants.
Make Indoor Air a Priority
Start your journey to better air quality by scheduling a Healthy Home Inspection with us at Comfort Now By Bob McAllister. Our indoor air quality experts will recommend the best indoor air strategy for your Egg Harbor Township, NJ, home. Call us at 609-400-1005 or request service online.